FIAMM Green Energy Island.
The solution for renewable energies
FIAMM has built the FIAMM Green Energy Island including power storage at Almisano (Vicenza), in collaboration with Terni Energia, Elettronica Santerno, Galileia and Prosoft. The application is a photovoltaic one but can also support wind. Thanks to the storage unit, the power is available when required and not just when the sun shines or the wind blows.
- Among the first renewable energy plants in the world with its own storage capacity thanks to the SoNick Sodium Nickel batteries from FIAMM
- Peak power: 181 kW
- Storage capacity: 230 kWh
- Photovoltaic power production: about 200,000 kWh/year
- Connected to the production works network and to the electricity grid
- 1150 sq.m of solar panels
- 106 tonnes/year reduction of CO2 emissions